Where are my Ploosh now?

Friday, September 28, 2007

Mushroom Boy





handsewn softie- my first attempt to convert a drawing I did into a softie...

it was difficult to make your own pattern, but I learned a lot in the process!
1. make a prototype first with just white felt or fabric (that way you're not attached to it and can adjust and make a proper pattern off of it)
2. attach the body to the head piece first, repeat and then sew it all together
3. don't overstuff or your handsewn stitches will pull
4. plan ahead, plan ahead, i didn't allow seam allowance for the face

but all in all, he's still cute!

2 comments:

ittybittybirdy said...

oh I like this guy very much too. After reading your blog I wish I was your little sister. What a wonderful Big sister you would be-I'm lucky if I get hand-me down old jean:(

Anonymous said...

I like to start reading blog from the beginning. So this is how the mushroom creation started. I know how to sew but never did sew toys. I am truly amaze of your creation. I know creating pattern is the hardest. I have been studying fashion all my life so it can be nerve whacking sometimes.

I went to see if I can order somethings from your site and notice you are not taking anymore custom order. I will wait. In the meantime I want to say thank you very very much. Keep up your wonderful work of art.

Annie from NJ