Where are my Ploosh now?

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Maisey the Owl


Maisey the Owl {size ref}, originally uploaded by Effunia.

Maisey is about 5-6 inches tall. She's completely hand-sewn and made out of felt. I was intending her to be a Christmas ornament, but I couldn't make myself stick string through her head. But it would be an easy addition if needed. I figure it can sit on a tree branch just as easily. Also this way, it's more versatile and can just be a plush as well.

I'm planning on making a bunch of these for the holidays in different color ways :)

3 comments:

ittybittybirdy said...

you know you are an artist when you say "color ways" I remember you made an owl way back when and I loved him. It may have been the first time I came to your blog! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

edward and lilly said...

She is so sweet, I can't wait to see the other colour ways.

Bethany said...

I LOVE your owls!!! What a great idea for ornaments! Caroline just got a book about an owl (it's a novel based on a true story)... she'll be so excited when she gets hers!!