Nicole Licht from Astulabee tagged me for 6 random things... (above you see an image of my collection of hers... I got the duke for my bday from my boyfriend just the other day- hooray :)
1. I turned 29 the other day and to this day, I haven’t owned a car thus far. I’m not sure if it’s by chance or choice, but at this point I don’t really want one either. I’m happy with car- pooling and using the bus system here in LA. I guess I just feel it’s one less thing to worry about, one less responsibility… I just wonder how long I’ll keep it up?!
2. I was born and raised in Germany until the age of 12. Although when I was young, I couldn’t speak any German. I only knew Polish when my parents put me in Kindergarten. And even though Polish is my first language, it’s also my weakest. However, I dream in all 3 languages.
3. I’m a vegetarian. I’m not good with keeping track of dates, so I think it’s been 7 or 8 years. It was an easy transition for me. I didn’t like meat to begin with. I wish I could give up sweets as easily. ;)
4. I miss my dog Rambo. I’ve always loved animals and I need to move to an apartment that allows pets. But at the same time, I really want a dog and I feel like he or she would need more room… and a house is pretty impossible out here. Hopefully sooner than later… Btw, I can usually imagine people as animals. I’ll be like, you look just like a beaver, and you look like a pelican, you look like a red panda… some people totally get it and some just think I’m odd.
5. Growing up I was an only child, it took my parents 8 yrs to get me a baby brother, 19 to get me a baby sister… but because of the boredom I learned to use my imagination a lot! I remember I used to take a little mirror hold it up towards the ceiling, look at it downwards and pretend to be walking on the ceiling. I haven’t tried it in quite some time… but I remember it was a lot of fun.
6. I get sayings wrong ALL the time. Even if I know them… I’ll say “Thumb of Rule” instead of “Rule of thumb” or “My stomach is doing summersaults” instead of “I have butterflies in my stomach.” Quite frankly, I’m not even sure I got them right this time. I’m just no good at sayings… but it seems to get a lot of giggles Some words also give me real trouble, no matter how many times I rehearse them, to this day, “canary” as in the bird… I’ll say “cannery” even if I wanted to say “canary.” Recently, I discovered “Bengal” gives me real trouble.
And now for the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Dawn from Plush-a-holic
Nichol from Pink Cheeks Studios
Bethany from Red Yarn
Chelsea from IttyBittyBirdy
Leeanna from MeetSamandPete
Jhoanna from OneRedRobin
Tag...you are it!
and on a side note...some snowflakes we made today...