Thanks to Bethany for blogging about my Droplet ;) Check out her blog, she has some really great ideas for living more GREEN. I know I can definitely improve on that front as well.
Currently, I do these green things and I'd like to hear your ideas of what you might do that I haven't done yet or a new idea :D
1) use bio friendly detergent, I've found that Seventh Generation works really great!
2) use a water saving shower head- I was surprised, because I could tell no difference really other than that the water seems to come out a little harder, because it sprays a bit
3) use canvas bags
5) use a glass mug for coffee and tea at work
6) use a re-usable lunch bag
7) i don't own a car, so I carpool or use the bus system (this is the one I'm most proudest of, because sometimes it's the one that can be more pain in the butt to do than the others, but sometimes it has it's rewards- many hours of crochet, knitting, and reading have been accomplished this way)
8) use energy saving lightbulbs
9) always turn off lights and anything that I'm not using, lately I've also been unplugging my toaster and microwave when I remember
10) i've been trying to buy natural shampoos & conditioners, but that experience has been mixed, i still buy regular shampoos because my hair is a bit unmanageable and i find the conditioners just don't condition enough for me, so i gotta keep on trying to find a good one!
11) and lastly, at work we get free sodas which come with lots and lots of those pesky rings. so i set up a little bin where people throw them into now and each morning, i pick up at least 20 of them and cut them into little pieces. i think this may be one of my most satisfying things, knowing that nothing will get trapped in them and it takes very little effort :D
Filament Friday: “Silk Like” Filament Gives Glossy Prints
51 minutes ago