Where are my Ploosh now?

Monday, August 4, 2008

Summer Crafting


Summer Crafting, originally uploaded by Effunia.

Over my 1 week vacation, I tried to craft as much as possible with my little sister. We made stamps, kokeshi dolls, friendship bracelets, played with sculpey, knitted snakes with a knitting loom and other things! it was great fun. My little sister didn't like her lion stamp, but i told her everything she made turned out great and she told me that I was just saying that because I was her sister. But I was really impressed with her carving skills. She wants to make a bunch more of the knitted snakes and then sell them in my etsy shop so she can save up for a Build-a-Bear- how cute is that?!? I told her she was really good at everything artsy, but she doesn't believe me. She keeps on comparing herself to me. All i know is that when I was little, I couldn't have done half the things she's doing now. Can you tell I'm a proud big sister? :D

4 comments:

LizzieJane said...

What a fun time, lovely photo's.
It is always fun to do crafting with somebody else, you get so many different ideas.

ittybittybirdy said...

what a terrific way to spend a vacation. Your sister is adorable and it's so terrific that you are such an involved and loving big sister! I spied her wearing a wall e t-shirt- I bet you got that for her:) I LOVED wall-e! Can't Waite to get a copy and see the game too. But not play I'm a dork with games.

Nichol Brinkman said...

Yes I can tell you are a proud big sister. The flickr of all the gifts you gave her made my face hurt from smiling too much!

Bethany Hissong said...

Thank you so much for my orange droplet!!! I got him/her ?? yesterday in the mail! You can see a photo on my blog (feel free to copy it!). I love that you do all these creative things and I would LOVE to see your kokeshis!